Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Cycle or Next?

Hi everyone! I have a slight dilemma, and I would love your advice/opinions. I can either take the LSAT in October and on the basis I do well, apply to law schools this November. The other option is for me to take the LSAT at some point in 2022 and then apply to law schools next fall. The highest I've scored on a practice test is 154, but I would like to score in the upper 160s/170s. Aiming for at least a 170. The thing is, I will be entering my senior year of college and there will be plenty of events and social activities that will likely distract me from studying, so I'm worried about taking the LSAT in October. Please let me know what you think! Thank you.

P.S. I would like to get into a T20 or T14 school. So, is it worth it to take a gap year after graduating and apply next year or take it this year and deal with the results that I get?

Comments

• itonydelatorreitonydelatorre Core Member
    158 karma

You should take the LSAT when you are scoring in your target range consistently on practice tests. Going from a 154 to a 170 in 3 short months is no easy feat though.

One extra year won't hurt if that is what it comes to to get a better score and into a better school, especially if that better score can net you a better scholarship.

Also, remember you have multiple takes, so it's not like if you took it in October, you're done for.

Anyways, in short, continue to study when you can and take the lsat when you are happy with what you are scoring on practice tests.