Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How indicative is Untimed Practice of your actual score?

eddieh414eddieh414 Member
in General 77 karma

My untimed score was a whopping 13 points higher than a clean timed PT. It was 7 points higher than my usual blind review score. Other than LG, I didn't use THAT much more time than 35 minutes. Maybe somewhere around 45 minutes. Anyone curious as to how we can efficiently push through this moat?

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Untimed work is more indicative of your understanding. Unless your untimed work takes 35 minutes or less, it's not indicative of your performance level. Rather, what your performance level can be once your able to think a little bit faster and under pressure.

You've just got to keep practicing. The more you practice, the faster you'll be able to think. Therefore, the faster you can perform.

• pappasm91pappasm91 Member
    230 karma

Not sure if this helps, but I took an untimed test before the LSAT in June (May 2020) and scored a 159 (went over time by maybe 10 minutes) and on test day I scored a 155. The above comment is correct in wanting to increase your mental dexterity to questions while remaining accurate.

• Alex GananAlex Ganan Member
    13 karma

Your untimed or BR score reflects your theoretical potential score for a particular PT. Having a big gap between your timed and untimed scores isn't a bad thing, but it does mean you'll need more practice to hone what you already know and close the gap.