Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting back in the Groove

Ben P. 1930Ben P. 1930 Member
in General 76 karma

Just took my first LSAT last week after a few hard months of studying for it. Upon finishing the test I decided to give myself the week off. Well that week has passed and today marks my first day back. I have done exactly two problems sets and already feel like I deserve the rest of the day off haha. Anyone else doing something similar? How is everyone staying sharp in preparation for their scores?

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Hey Ben! I was/am in school and working so I sometimes took a week or two off. I think my longest period away was a month lol. Even during that month, though, I was reading some LSAT guides by Manhattan Prep and The LSAT trainer, so I guess I wasn't completely off the hook in my studies.

On days when I'm super busy, I sort of like to do at least a handful of LR and LG questions!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

Yeah it takes a minute to reboot after taking a break, but that's perfectly fine! As long as you're doing something, I think it's ok to build back up as opposed to going 0 to 100 after taking a break.

• Ben P. 1930Ben P. 1930 Member
    76 karma

@"Glutton for the LSAT" @tahurrrrr Thank for the tips! I'm still easing my way into things it's hard to build back up to a pace you can only get after months of study.

• 124 karma

Totally on the same boat! It's been hard to get motivated to study again and I've felt sluggish for the past couple days trying to reboot. My strategy the first day back was to take a "broken" LSAT to refresh my memory, and I'm planning on working on fundamentals for my two trouble sections (RC and LR) for the next couple weeks before taking a full PT again. Also looking into meeting with a tutor for these first weeks of rebooting so I can properly design a study plan and maximize my study time before the October LSAT. Best of luck!