Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this for me?

lawschoolhopefullylawschoolhopefully Core Member
in General 26 karma

Hey yall I just felt like venting on here for a minute, hoping someone might relate to this. I've been studying everyday for the last month for about 5-8 hours a day and honestly feel more like an idiot then when I started. This entire process of studying for this test has just been an endless pit of depression and anxiety. Which brings me to ask this question is this for me? I of course want to be a lawyer and I wouldn't be putting in this effort if ,I didn't really want it but at some point I may have to be realistic with myself. I got a diagnostic score of 141 last month and felt pretty defeated however I gave myself a break and really put all my time in money into trying to increase my score. I've gotten better at understanding question types and really getting a grasp on thinking this way but not enough or as quickly as I need to do well. Also due to family pressure I'm forced to take the October exam so I have a month left to understand this material which I think we all know is not feasible. So I'm most likely going to bad on that and that comes with its own set of issues but I think you all get the gist. Who knows if I'm at your local McDonald's taking your order be kind and put the rest of your change in the tip jar I'm going to need it.

Comments

• TylerterrorTylerterror Core Member
    11 karma

Hi! I've been in your shoes before, and I know exactly how you feel. My best piece of advice is don't let anyone pressure you into taking the LSAT when you feel you are not ready. This test is hard enough, putting more pressure on yourself to pass because of external pressure will not help you get a better score. Also, this exam is too expensive to be forced to take. It's better to get to the score you want by practicing as much as possible instead of wasting $200 every few months. You can always defer your exam date, talk to LSAC about it. You only get a certain amount of times to take the test, its better to wait until you're ready than to waste those limited test scores. The LSAT is a marathon, not a sprint. Putting in the time until you're ready wins the race :)

• Stop it!! If you can hit the low to mid 150's you will probably be admitted to some law school that will meet your needs and allow you to be properly educated. It will not be a top 25 but that is completely unnecessary as a guage to being a good, well educated lawyer that is fully equiped to help others, make a positive difference in the world as well as make a reasonable living and achieve personal success.

• torresjuan0035torresjuan0035 Core Member
    22 karma

Though times don't last, tough people do! Keep pushing

• I would suggest taking a gap year in your case! This will allow you sufficient time to study and maximize your score (6 months at least) and you could increase or maintain your GPA -- assuming you are in undergrad.

If your parents are strict, show them the difference that a couple points in your LSAT score might make. Use the following link to estimate your scholarship amount:

https://lsatdemon.com/scholarships

I am sure the last thing they want to do is be forced to foot the bill in the amount of $10ks because you were forced to take the LSAT before you were ready. Outside of that, this test is completely learnable. If you want a bit of encouragement, go read PT71 S4 P3. It talks about innate talent versus trainable characteristics. Just know that this process takes time and make sure your family understands that as well. Good luck!