Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Taken the LSAT 4 times before applying?

Saul_Good_ManSaul_Good_Man Member
in General 11 karma

My Aug’21 results came back (3rd test this calendar year) and I was blown away by how badly I fucked up. I mean I was averaging 169+ and repeatedly hitting 170-171 the last five or so tests before the actual exam and my score came out to be 162, which is one point higher than my first test. My highest score is 165 which was on the June exam, and I’m signed up to take it a fourth time in October. I’m just unsure if it’s worth it at this point. Based on my PTs, I’m definitely capable of hitting my goal of high 160s but it hasn’t happened during the past two tests (which I was actually confident about) and I initially wanted to apply by the end of September or early October so taking it in October will push back my applications to at least mid November. So I’m wondering if it’s worth taking it a fourth time and if I do and don’t perform better than my high of 165, will it negatively impact me my candidacy in any way? Just for a complete picture, my LSAC gpa is 4.02 from Berkeley Haas and my goal has been to get into a top 10 school, specifically in the East Coast. Please let me know if you have any advice!

Comments

• mdf1960mdf1960 Free Trial Member
    54 karma

I probably wouldn't bother with a 165 and your GPA. If you score a few points above or below a 165 on the 4th test, that will make little difference. You can get into a T10 with those numbers. I'd start applying now and forget the 4th test.

• ban3rcban3rc Member
    74 karma

Yes for top 10 You are going to want to get a 170 or be as close as possible.

• EbethStudent16EbethStudent16 Alum Member
    82 karma

I've taken the LSAT 5 times and scored my highest on the 5th time. I suggest retaking to reach the 170s if you want to attend the top 10 schools.

• Saul_Good_ManSaul_Good_Man Member
    11 karma

Thanks everybody for your input! Seems like it’s worth taking it the fourth time to maximize my chances

• deirlulsatdeirlulsat Core Member
    14 karma

I agree with the above comments for sure!

• RavinderRavinder Alum Member
    869 karma

Totally agree with EbethStudent16. I took the test 5 times and eventually got 177 and got into Columbia and NYU. My scores after one year of studying and over 50 PTs of practice were 153,153,158,162. One of my best tutors recommended I wait another cycle and retake the test. I took a four month break and then started with a fresh new approach of quality over quantity and only studied 5 PTs but did one question at a time over and over till I picked up all the patterns and tips and four months later got a 177. Now, I am a 2L at NYU and am so glad I retook the test even despite having to wait for another cycle to apply. Don't settle is my advice to all.

• Great targeted approach, who was your tutor if you don't mind me asking?