Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Order of PTs

PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 8021 karma
After starting PTs a couple weeks ago with 36 and going in order from there, I started to wonder what other approaches people take to doing PTs. So for those of you that are in PT mode I was curious about strategy. Does everyone just do them in order and eventually see a decrease in their scores as PTs get harder and then their scores rise again when they adjust? Or are some of you mixing it up a bit and either doing them randomly or deliberately in a different order, but perhaps saving a few of the most recent for right before your real LSAT?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 3545 karma
    I would HIGHLY recommend mixing them up. I mixed up the 30s, 40s, and 50s and felt really prepared because I felt like I could tackle any twist LSAT writers threw at me. Then, I got owned by the 60s and REALLY wished I had added those into the mix.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Cool thanks for the heads up, this is exactly the kind of perspective I was looking for!
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    It's different for everyone, I did average on the 40s/50s and did way better in the 60s, then the mid 70s gave me a problem. I'm not so sure how mixing them up helps, I think a slow progression is the way to go, but different approaches help different people.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Yeah, I’m planning on ordering my PTs in 5s. For example, 36, 41, 46, 51, 56, 61, 66, 71, 37, 42, 47, 52.... That way I can get an early taste of all of the different “types” of tests and, hopefully, not get freaked out by the 70s the way I saw a lot of folks did.
  • kittyahmedkittyahmed Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    I went back and forth between the 40s - 50s a few months before the test, but at 2 months out I started doing mostly 60s with one from the 30/40s every few tests and saved the latest 60s and 70s for the last few weeks before the test (in the end I didn't use several of them because I ended up slowing my study pace leading up to the test). The latest tests I used as stand-alone sections to keep the thinking fresh without the angst of a full test. Sadly, I won't know how this really worked for me for a few more weeks, but the test felt very manageable to me (although this could just as easily be simple delusion - time will tell).