Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early decision with 154 (school median is 160) or wait till January LSAT?

Dilemma, should I apply early decision with my 154 to a school with 160 median (my gpa is almost perfect, but im international so for admissions it will not matter at all from what I hear), or should I attempt to retake LSAT in January. Working full-time so I am not sure my progress will be super impressive.

What would you do?
  1. What would you do?82 votes
    1. Take January LSAT
      80.49%
    2. Apply early decision as it is
      19.51%

Comments

• BooheredBoohered Member
    56 karma

I don't know what school this is but lawschoolnumbers.com has a graph that shows admission stats based on the month you applied in and if you apply past december the vast majority are rejected. Just search your school on there and click graphs. Consider the odds of moving up in score versus the harm it will do to your odd to apply after receiving your January score back

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Applying ED does not give you enough of a bump to compensate for a below median LSAT score. I would put as much effort as possible into studying leading up to January so you can apply with your strongest application.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

I'd seriously like to hear the justification people have for voting that this person should apply ED 6 points under median with no reportable GPA as opposed to hitting a higher score first.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

If you were 1 or 2 points below median and above the 25th percentile then I'd say apply as it is - but like everyone else is saying - 6 points lower makes me think a 154 is also below their 25th percentile - in order for them to accept you you'd have to have very compelling soft factors.

-depending on the school and their admission deadline, you may also want to consider waiting until next cycle if you're dead set on going to this particular school.

• Thank you all for your input!

• mesposito886mesposito886 Member
    254 karma

Is it possible for you to submit your application now and ask the school to hold your application until after they receive your retake?

• @mesposito886, yes I will do that.

Y'all convinced me that LSAT in January it is, no ED