Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Center Complaints

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
in General 1049 karma
I had some proctor timing problems on the 6/18 exam. The proctor wasn't clear on start times for 2 sections and didn't call 5 minutes on a section.

Is this worth contacting with LSAC about? What's the best they can do to help me after the proctor mistimed?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    The best they can do is give you a refund so you can retake it. Unless proctor/testing center is absolutely egregious, nothing else will change -- at least from what I've heard.
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'm pretty sure my proctor shorted us according to my watch but I didn't have too much of a problem finishing so I just left it alone.
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    I know that the proctor in my center screwed up the timing... He/She called 5 minutes left at 25 minutes. All of us were so busy testing that we didnt say anything. When he/she called time, 60 people started complaining. He/she was adamant that his/her clock was correct and official. Finally he/she started the clock again and gave us 2 more minutes.
    So, we got shorted by 3 minutes, and it was broken into 2 sessions.

Absolute BS...
    I dont think it made a difference in the end for me, i dont feel like my performance was that great, and it was an experimental section for me.
  • kittyahmedkittyahmed Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    My center had a clock with the wrong time on the wall (not even off by an hour, but more like 47 minutes fast). The proctor's watch was 5 minutes fast. She also left once during the test, came back and announced that we had 5 minutes left, then said "Well, actually you have less than that but I didn't warn you so I'll give you 5 more." And during LG games I swear she gave 7 minutes after calling 5. I guessed on one of the questions because I only had about 20 seconds left and wouldn't have been able to figure it out in 20. And then she didn't call time for 2 more minutes...

But not worth canceling over and not worth risking a cancellation by complaining. But I was shocked by the casual attitude at the center (for example, phones were allowed in the room as long as she "didn't hear them" and "didn't see them". Did anyone else have something so contrary to the dire warnings on the LSAC page?
  • mreisdorf96mreisdorf96 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    At my center I was told the proctor doesn't have to call 5 mins.