Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take one more PT?

I am taking the test for the first time tomorrow at 2:40 and I'm not sure if I should take PT92+ just to have one more under my belt. Thoughts? Pros and Cons? Thank you all!! And good luck if you're taking November!

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

I would strongly suggest against it. 1) you don’t wanna burn yourself out right before your test 2) if you happen to get a lower score than what you’re averaging, it could knock down your confidence into tomorrow 3) it’s probably best to just do some light practice if you must but otherwise just relax and be refreshed for tomorrow, you won’t learn anything new the day before the test so be confident that you know your stuff! Best of luck tomorrow!

• markiiibmarkiiib Member
    20 karma

I think whatever happens it would likely not be helpful. The chances of you having a revelation on this PT that improves your score even one point is low. Further, if you score really high your confidence may swell and lead to overconfidence tomorrow which isn't always beneficial. If you score really low then you could have your confidence shaken and second guess yourself all day tomorrow. I am in the same boat writing tomorrow at 1:50pm and for me personally I am taking the day to relax, read for fun, get my test day strategy down pat, and apparently read 7sage forums lol. The days after PTs I always feel mentally drained and taking another PT would be an absolute battle. Obviously do what you think is best with this information and whatever you decide to do best of luck tomorrow!

• SS.SitkaSS.Sitka Member
    edited November 2021 100 karma

Hard NO! Not time well spent. My tutor said take 48 hours off before the test, and do a simple warm up in each section the morning of. If you are going to study today then just focus on your processes for each question type. Also, relax. Relaxed you is going to do 1000% better on this test than stressed you.

• gremckgremck Member
    102 karma

Absolutely not.

• mattscrappymattscrappy Member
    138 karma

Like everyone here, definitely not! It won't help you improve your abilities, but it might break your confidence for tomorrow if you don't do great on it. Only potential benefit is it might boost your confidence if you crush it, but IMO, Risk v. Reward on this one is not worth it.
    As everyone said, relax, watch a movie, whatever you need to get yourself rested and clearheaded.
    Personally, I'm going to make myself a nice dinner then watch trash TV with my best friend.

Good luck this weekend all my November takers!

• yashaca123yashaca123 Member
    6 karma

good luck homie!