Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

html5: network error

bedouinbedouin Free Trial Member
edited October 2013 in Technical Problems 25 karma
I keep getting this annoying "html: network error" when I'm in the middle of watching a lesson. It's always almost halfway, lol ><". I'm using chrome. Is this something wrong with the site or with my computer? Is anyone else getting these messages?

Getting a tad exasperated. Just when JY gets to the juicy parts...

Comments

• KristinaKristina Alum Member
    68 karma
    I'm getting that too with Chrome. I'm assuming it's transient, so not stressing too much. My work-around is to navigate away from the lesson page, then return. When I restart, I fast-forward to where I was. But, yes, annoying.
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited November 2013 13940 karma
    Sorry guys! We are aware of this issue and are trying to fix it. HTML5 is brand new technology so there are bugs that are hard to work out. That or we're taking stupid pills.

A couple of ways to trigger the error or sure (in other words, avoid doing these):
    1. slow internet connection
    2. multiple tabs with video loading simultaneously, which contributes to (1)

Meanwhile, you can prevent this from happening (at a trade off):
    Go to your "Setting" on the top right.
    Check the box that says "Use Flash Player (prevents html5 video errors)"

The flash player is not as good, but it won't give you HTML5 errors.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    See if this method works..it does 90% of the time for me...so at the beginning of every lesson, I let the video run for 5 secs and then pause it, it buffers and does not give the error...
  • DDDD Free Trial Member
    71 karma
    @Nilesh S it works! Thank you!
  • bedouinbedouin Free Trial Member
    25 karma
    @NileshS - So far so good! Thanks for the tip!
  • msdaisy16msdaisy16 Free Trial Member
    46 karma
    The same thing always happened to me using Chrome. Try Firefox, thus far that has not happen.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited November 2013 3074 karma
    We just put in a fix that we hope will help with this (only applies to lesson videos right now).

Please try it out and let us know if it helps!

More details here: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/336/videos-fail-halfway-thru