Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best method for Preptests

langstonworldlangstonworld Core Member
in General 21 karma

I have found that the foolproof method for logic games is very very effective. Is there something similar for PTs? I am taking one a week and pretty much just drilling the questions all over the place.
Is there a more methodical way someone has found that is effective?

Comments

• itonydelatorreitonydelatorre Core Member
    edited December 2021 158 karma

What I found really helped me recently with Logical Reasoning, was grabbing either my dad or a friend, and reviewing that section with them, and trying to explain and defend to them why I though each answer choice was right or wrong. My dad in particular is very good at playing devils advocate for some of the trap answers. It's also more fun to review with others, which also prevents me from phoning in a review if I start to get bored. I went from being all over the place score wise in LR, to consistently getting 3 or less wrong.

Of course, it is easier said than done to find someone willing to spend an hour to review a test with you. But if you can, I highly recommend it and wish I had done so earlier.

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

Reviewing your tests to identify why you made mistakes is critical to improving your LSAT score. There are two key questions that I make all my clients journal:

1) Why is __ the right answer?
    2) How did the wrong answer trick you?

The first question forces you to put into words the key principle the problem was intended to teach. The second forces you to identify the flaw in your thinking that led to the error.

If you rigorously address these two issues, you will improve your score! It is a lot of work, but 100% worth it!