Translation Rule Group 3 & 4-Negation

NeverstoplrngNeverstoplrng Yearly Member

Hi All! Quick question? Regarding Lawgic and translation rules for group 3 and 4. I understand I need to pick either idea, then negate that idea etc. I am getting stuck at times if the idea I choose is already negated. Do I always remove the negation from the idea? I'm getting stuck in the rule of negating. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Darien022Darien022 Member
    129 karma

x cannot unless y

Translated

x --> y

Don't think too much. Just write down both ideas in their "stock form".

In the above case I would write down we have X slashed unless Y

Unless= group 3 = negate sufficient

Remove the slash

However you choose to translate the conditional, write down the "stock" ideas, as I call them, which is just how the stimulus gives it to you, and remember to negate the idea that you won't be translating the conditional according to.

In the above case, I want to translate according to the unless idea, because I'm more familiar with group 3, so I just slash the "cannot idea" idea and apply the g3 translation between the 2 groups.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

• NeverstoplrngNeverstoplrng Yearly Member
    39 karma

okay, thank you-this gives me something to ponder!

• NeverstoplrngNeverstoplrng Yearly Member
    edited January 2022 39 karma

Would you mind translating the last part of what you said please? This is what I'm struggling with. So, you are saying I do negate the idea that I won't be translating the conditional to. Thank you so much....I am almost there:). @Darien022 -I posted to myself, but this was meant for you-ha!