Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Tips: The Decision to Retake and Reapply

Henry MerschatHenry Merschat Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited March 2022 in Newsletters 111 karma

Hey y'all!

7Sage Tutor Henry here with this week's LSAT Digest. In this newsletter, I discuss the difficult decision to retake and reapply when you don't love your current law school options. You can read it here: https://7sage.substack.com/p/lsat-tips-the-decision-to-retake

If you could use some help on the way to your goal score and want to work with one of our LSAT tutors, use this link to learn more: https://7sage.com/lsat-tutoring/

If you'd like to talk to one of our tutors before committing to a plan, schedule a free consultation at this link: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

Comments

• 10trent3310trent33 Alum Member
    65 karma

I made the decision to retake and reapply after having been nearly certain for years that I would go to law school right after college. It was certainly a difficult decision, as I had to find a job right before graduation when most of my friends had already figured out what they would be doing after graduation. I am very happy I made that decision, however. I am PTing much higher than I was then, I am working at a law firm that has given me a much better idea of what I want to be doing after law school, and I have had a more time to focus on my mental health and personal relationships. If anyone is feeling uncertain about their options I would definitely recommend taking a year or more to retake and reapply.

• srobsrob Core Member
    13 karma

Thanks so much for this post! I am about 30% thru the 7sage course though I have been at it for 7 months because I am in the Army and don't get much time to study. I want to take the LSAT in August, though not applying for a few years until my contract is up, it seems like tutoring is tailored to just a few sessions based on the price so I'm curious how to dovetail it into the curriculum. Probably best to wait to start taking practice tests? What can the tutor do via zoom if they aren't going to be listening to my logic as I work thru a practice test? That would seem to be the most benefit of the sessions.

sorry for all the questions!

Cheers.

• Henry MerschatHenry Merschat Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    111 karma

@srob sorry for the delayed response! Our tutoring program is not based on a standardized set of sessions - it is completely personalized based on the needs of the student. Our tutors act as coaches and build drills for you to complete in your sessions, working through these drills with you and giving you feedback on how to improve over time!

That being said, if you're taking the LSAT in August then I think now is a great time to start taking practice tests! Timed practice is always important, and these will be helpful in the case that you sign up for LSAT tutoring because you can screen-record them for your tutor's review.

If you're considering tutoring, I would highly recommend signing up for a free consultation using the link in the original post!