Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake? Really struggling with decision

rachnelirachneli Member
in General 140 karma

So I took the LSAT in Jan (166), Feb (165), and March (169).

I obviously can't take it again until August when the LSAC cycle restarts.

My target school (the only one I can realistically go to geographically) has a median of 169. I am applying early there in the fall. My GPA is about .1 below their median. I spoke to someone in admissions and he said that 169 was great, but there was a possibility that their median could go up to 170, but that they won't know until August. He also said it doesn't matter how many times I take this infernal test because they only take the highest.

I'm forced to take a break now because of testing limits, but does anyone think it's worth putting myself through this a 4th time? My PTs were always higher, but I am a very nervous test taker and that test day penalty has been super real for me.

I don't want to 'be lazy' and give up, I just need some advice from others going through this! I'm open to any and all feedback, expect the kind that's mean. This test is mean enough :P

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

I mean you can't apply until after the next test anyway. If you're limited to that school and sub-median GPA, I'd make damn sure I was over median LSAT.

Prepping for the test one more time sucks (I took it 7 times... I know) but it will absolutely be worth it. And you might as well get used to the grind now... doesn't get easier in school.

If it were me... I'd take a short break then jump back in. Focus on sufficient depth of review aimed at identifying specific weaknesses and formulating specific plans to address them.