Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: Would it be beneficial to do all four sections on a prep?

Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
edited April 2022 in General 848 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you so much for your help!]

I have a question, do you think it would be beneficial to do all four sections on a prep test since the LSAT brought back the experimental section, or do you think I should stick with simulating the modern LSAT?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited April 2022 2239 karma

I think doing all four would absolutely help. I truly believe that the best way to practice anything is to attempt to replicate the real thing as closely as possible. There’s no telling how much having one more section than you’re used to on the real test could affect you. If nothing else, I’d be concerned about your stamina on the real thing.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

Yes! Absolutely!

When you do all four sections on a PT, however, it's always going to be the case that there will be a second LR section. However, on the real LSAT, the experimental section is random and can include not just an LR section, but an LG or RC section too. So to practice with an experimental RC or LG section, I advise my students to go ahead with the 3 section flex, but add in an individual timed experimental problem set that's an LG or RC, so they can practice having an RC or LG experimental section, too.

When doing this, attempting the chosen experimental section first is the best option. You don't want to take the experimental section last because sometimes you can get into the mindset of "oh this is an experimental section, it doesn't matter" which can be harmful to your practice mindset.

• sahibsunna24sahibsunna24 Member
    7 karma

Thank you for your answers. I am trying to figure out how to add a section to the prep test but can't seem to figure it out. Do you think I would need to create a problem set including 3 sections from a particular prep test and then add an experimental from an older test?

• R2sav221R2sav221 Member
    60 karma

@sahibsunna24 said:
    Thank you for your answers. I am trying to figure out how to add a section to the prep test but can't seem to figure it out. Do you think I would need to create a problem set including 3 sections from a particular prep test and then add an experimental from an older test?

I'm wondering the same thing!