Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CTRL+F strategies and proper usage

zxkizxkikizxkizxkiki Member
in General 11 karma

So I just learned you can use ctrl F on the LSAT reading comp. What are the best ways to utilize this to maximize speed during the test? any tips pertaining CTL+F are appreciated. Are there any other tools like CTRL+F that are permissible during the exam that may help?

ALSO: Has anyone had issues with a proctor who was not aware ctrl+F was permissible?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Using ctrl + F for questions that ask about specific words or lines would probably be the “best.” Also, if a question asks about a specific part of the passage or idea and you can remember a particular word used in that part of the passage ctrl + F is extremely useful. I’ve never taken an actual LSAT so I have no proctor experience, but it seems the use of ctrl + F is increasingly becoming common knowledge so I’d imagine most proctors wouldn’t give you issues.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

I haven't found it to be particularly useful or advantageous and I suspect LSAC feels the same way considering they don't care if you use it.

• jwoodlee0613jwoodlee0613 Core Member
    12 karma

it used to be really cool to use because the RC questions would ask about a specific line and you could use Ctrl F to find that line instantly. Now the RC section actually highlights it for you. I myself still use it when looking for specific key words or when the question asks you to look for something and you need to find it in a hurry. Still extremely useful. My advice, do not be afraid to use it.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

It's a double-edged sword. I've seen students waste a lot of time using control F leading them to not be able to finish passage 4. I would use it as an absolute last resort if all else fails to get the question correct.