Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 month until the test

jennifer.levito-1-1jennifer.levito-1-1 Core Member
in June 2022 LSAT 16 karma

Hello everyone, I am planning on taking the June 2022 LSAT… I have been studying for a while… I am having a hard time getting my practice test scores to where I really need them to be and really dont know where to start in diagnosing where I am going wrong… I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Any guidance would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2022 4577 karma

Hey there!

I'm not 100% sure of the position you're in, but if you're a month out from the test and you've been studying for a while, I'm going to guess that you know a lot about the core fundamentals of the test at point (like conditional logic, causal logic, how to weaken an argument, etc etc.)

If that's the case, what's going to be most likely the best thing you can do to improve your score for test day is work to on your test taking strategy. That means asking yourself "what can I do to get as many questions correct as possible within the 35 minute time constraint?"

It may be the case that you're losing out on questions because you're not being as efficient as possible with your time. For example, if you're spending upwards of 4 minutes on a question, on your first attempt, I'd consider that an error even if you got the question correct. This strategy is risky because you may not be able to finish the section or go back to easy questions that you could've gotten correct just spending 1 minute on.

At this point, I'm just guessing though. If you want, feel free to schedule a free consultation with a 7Sage tutor so we can help you diagnose what's going on. Even if you're not ready to purchase sessions, hopefully we'll at least be able to set you off on the right path.

You can schedule a session with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me or comment below!

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

Is there a category of question that you tend to get wrong? What kind of hurdle are you facing in trying to diagnose areas of weakness? Are your mistakes really inconsistent or are there any patterns?

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

Just post pone your exam until your happy with your score