Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confident I dropped the ball on June Test...What now?

Hi everyone,
I've been studying for the LSAT for about a year now. I've dabbled with 7Sage in the past but ended up going with a different program. I'm back because I love the podcasts and hear great things about the community.

3 months up to this June LSAT I had scored a 167 three times on PTs (along with an unfortunate 164 and 160). My original goal was 170, but I was feeling proud of myself so I decided to go through with June and aim for high 160s. Test day my nerves got the best of me. I didn't even finish games which I typically get a -0 to -2 on. This snowballed to affect LR, which I also didn't finish (usually -2 to -6). Never been great at RC but hoping to change that. After my meltdown I am considering on pushing back another cycle because I am backpacking Europe this summer. I will still be studying, but PTs will be impossible so August LSAT seems out of the question. I'm thinking of taking more time and evening increasing my goal into the 170s.

I am here just asking for any advice...what now? I have taken the most recent PTs and I usually understand the logic behind LR and LG (although I can always improve). I am unsure if it's worth it for me to go through the entire 7Sage curriculum at this point...is it? Or if anyone has a tutor they could connect me to that can help pinpoint what I need to work on so I'm not wasting too much time on the fundamentals? My priorities are currently to foolproof games, correct my weaknesses in LR and RC, and find concrete strategies for each section so I don't crumble on my next test day. I'll take any advice, thank you!!

Comments

• sgriffgorsgriffgor Member
    98 karma

It may be worth going through at least portions of the core curriculum, focusing on areas where you need to make the most improvement. And you'll need to take more practice tests in order to solidify your grasp of a 170 score. It's normal to score a few points above or below your average practice test score. I'd push back another cycle to give yourself enough time to enjoy your summer and really prepare for this exam!

• u______uu______u Alum Member
    233 karma

Don't do the entire curriculum again. Check your analytics to see which question types you're struggling with and focus on them. If you don't have enough data stored, you should at least be able to identify the question types you struggle the most with on your own. That being said, the bigger problem is your summer plan. Make sure to have a consistent study schedule planned to ensure you don't fall off too hard. I don't think it's necessary to devote multiple hours a day, but at least a little bit daily should be required.