Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Course Question Problem Set Timing?

sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
in General 310 karma

Hello,

I'm relatively early on in my LSAT studies and I was wondering which 'Time Adjustment' should I be using?

I noticed with previous sections its given me "standard time" but recently with certain problem sets (ex. in the later MSS Problem Sets) the timing switched to infinite?

It seems weird to have the BR right after if we are getting unlimited time on the questions, is this a oversight? or should I set the timing myself to Target time/Standard time?

What's recommended by 7sage? #help or what have you all been using?

Best,
Leissosa

Comments

• melsathopemelsathope Core Member
    112 karma

I would only do drills with the standard time (35 minutes) set since that's what we have in the real lsat.

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    310 karma

@melsathope sorry if i wasn't clear I mean the problem sets within the syllabus.

here's a link to what I'm referring to (this section has 5 medium/high difficulty question)

https://7sage.com/lesson/most-strongly-supported-questions-problem-set-9/?ss_completed_lesson=13863

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited July 2022 2239 karma

@leissosa I'd recommend giving yourself unlimited time on problem sets while going through the curriculum. That's how I did it. When first engaging with curriculum material, I believe it's far more important to really get a feel for the question types, learn how the questions are constructed, study the language and logic used to create questions answer choices, learn what kinds of trap-answers the LSAT likes to use, etc. Timing will naturally come as you get more comfortable with the different sections of the test. If you force yourself to try to answer the questions under their target times, you will almost certainly miss out on learning experiences. Just my opinion.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1430 karma

Hi @leissosa,

The timing for taking Problem Sets has been changed recently to "Unlimited timing" as a default to accommodate beginners who should not be doing drills under timed conditions.

But for more advanced students, they should be taking drills under timed condition. So they would have to change the timing to "Standard time" or "Target time" or whatever timing they want to take the Problem Set in.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    310 karma

@"Cherry - 7Sage Student Service"

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for all the work that you do! All of your guided responses in the comments of lessons for masting the platform have been extremely helpful during the course of my studies!

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1430 karma

@leissosa You're welcome! Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions, I am happy to assist you.