Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Working through the CC vs PTing

oitovidasoitovidas Live Member
in General 49 karma

Hello all,

After receiving consecutively poor scores on PT in 2020 I decided to change my approach to this test by going through the CC first before PTing again. I initially was doing just LG but I realized midway through that that I actually need help with everything and decided to go through the entire CC from the first lesson. I work as a paralegal full-time and sometimes I can only devote 1 hour a day to studying. I am wondering if this is the best use of time. Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• pnwrunnerpnwrunner Alum Member
    edited July 2022 100 karma

Yes, I'd support the notion of going through the entire core curriculum first. Regardless of how much you're actually able to study or not. The key to the LSAT is being able to apply the logical concepts that are taught in the core curriculum. If you jump straight into PTing, you're potentially wasting a finite resource and likely limiting you ability to learn the concepts.

With only one hour a day, you'll certainly want to make sure you're deliberately studying without distraction. You may find that when you have grasped a concept to your liking you can skip the practice problems and move to the next section. This also brings up another variable to establish: what's your goal score on the LSAT?

This can help you prioritize where you spend the most of your limited time, how you approach the test questions (i.e., which ones to skip, spend more time, etc.), and when you're ready to take the actual test.