Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it matter where I study for the LSAT?

Arman115Arman115 Live Member
in General 86 karma

Is it better to study for the LSAT where I will take the actual exam? The purpose of this would be to get used to the same environment so that I know what to expect on test day in terms of my environment. However, I find that I am more effective and productive at studying when I am at the library, which is where I will not be taking the actual exam. What matters is understanding the material so as long as I understand it, it wouldn't matter where I study right?

Comments

• BCampbellBCampbell Member
    22 karma

If the environment you plan on testing in is substantially different from the one you practice in, it wouldn't hurt to do a couple of PTs in your testing environment.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

If you feel that you learn better at the library, I don’t think it would hurt to go over lesson there. For PTs, though, I think it’s best to take them in the environment you’ll test in. After all, as you pointed out, testing at the library isn’t an option. Perhaps after taking a few PTs in your actual testing environment your scores will even out.