Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review struggle

Hi everyone! I've recently been getting a lot better with LG but when I blind review I start to doubt myself and change the answers. So when I do the game the first time I get a 5/7 or 6/6 but when I do blind review it I switch to wrong answers bringing me down a point or two. Could anyone help me out?

Comments

• BWMurphyBWMurphy Member
    75 karma

I'm a bit confused about your dilemma-

Logic Games are verifiable. Eliminating the time constraint during Blind Review should allow you to fully work through right vs wrong answers for each game/question via trial and error/verification.

That being said, I'm not really sure how you end up second guessing yourself when the games themselves are solvable. I can see this happening under time constraints when you don't have time to fully prove/disprove each answer choice but not during a Blind Review. Each question has four wrong answers and one right that can all be tested/verified. If you second guess yourself and select a wrong answer choice, you are clearly not verifying your answers or you are failing to incorporate a rule necessary for selecting the right answer vs the wrong answers. If you are running into these issues, you should take the time to work out each right and wrong answer choice during Blind Review. If you are unable to, this means you are misunderstanding or failing to account/consider a rule/setup contraint. You should never be left with multiple answer choices that can be right. For example, a Must Be Trust question has one answer that is always true and four that are never or only sometimes true. You just need to "break" the answer choices to verify them. Answer Choice: "X is always placed 4th". Diagram X anywhere but 4th and see if it works. If it does, that is an incorrect answer for Must Be True and you can apply a similar tactic to the rest to fully prove/disprove them. The same applies for every other type of question. There's a way to prove/disprove each answer choice. You really should never get any Logic Game question wrong within Blind Review unless you fundamentally misunderstand a rule/setup constraint or incorrectly read/interpret a question stem.

If you are missing Logic Game questions in Blind Review, your problem is not second guessing yourself. Your problem is that you are not actually "solving" the games.

Hopefully this helps,
    Brian

• deborajjavierdeborajjavier Member
    13 karma

I really appreciate this response. I think I've just been struggling to actually prove and disprove answer choices. I need to really focus on solving the games.Thank you!