Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic games Help

edited October 2022 in Logic Games 46 karma

Hi, does anyone have any tips that really helped them improve logic games. I have been working on improving on it for it while and I can't seem to get majority of them right in a section. I am taking the LSAT in November and really want to improve since I have less than 5 weeks.

Comments

• silver77-1silver77-1 Member
    49 karma

I went from -6 (diagnostic) to 0. I don't know how much you need to improve to get to your goal so please read with a grain of salt.

1. I tried to master the type of games first and how I'm going to diagram them, so when it comes up, it's almost like an instinct.
    2. Split your gameboard as much as you can and infer from the passage. This is very important as it saved me time instead of diagramming a new game board in every question. Only make a new one if it's a new rule.
    3. Memorize your conditional keywords and translate the passage/rules into your own words when it's complex. I recommend doing a translation drill (helped me with all sections esp LR)
    4. Drill as much as you can. I do 2 games every day, sometimes 3 or 4 when I'm in the mood. For me, it worked better than doing a full LG section once or twice a week which was my previous routine. I use LSAT Demon for everything drill-related. I think 7Sage also has a good drill function but I haven't explored that yet.
    5. In the beginning, I didn't care how much time I can do the game. Gradually, as your skill builds, the timing follows.

Hope this can be of help! I'm also taking the November test, goodluck!!

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Everything @silver77 said is gold. The only thing I’ll add is that I’d recommend fool proofing games if you aren’t doing it yet. One video in the core curriculum explains it. It’s in the intro to LG section of the curriculum, so it’s very easy to find. It’s a life saver. Basically, you’ll redo games until you really learn their important inferences and the nodes you should split on.

• amandatkim11amandatkim11 Member
    32 karma

Make sure you know how to diagram the games– theres a few different ways to do it, just find whatever way that seems most clear to you. Once you know how to diagram games, take as long as you need to work through it. As you work through the games, you'll become more familiar with the patterns, logic, questions, etc. Honestly, theres no other way to get good at games besides just drilling them as much as possible. For me, I just think of them as puzzles and try and make it fun lol. As you get more and more familiar, then add the time element in. I used to only be able to do 3/4 of the games in the time limit, but after doing it over and over again, you gain speed and familiarity. Make sure you re-do any of the questions you missed. Try doing it on your own first, and then look at the video explanation. That way, you can correct your own mistakes. Good luck! Logic games are definitely the hardest to start learning, but once you do, you can consistently do well each time!