Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Game approach

wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
in General 42 karma
I have been making improvements in RC and LR. LG, on the other hand, is not going well. I still have trouble finishing the last game and miss a lot of questions in hard games. With not a lot of time left for Oct LSAT, I want to hit the LG target asap with plenty of cushion room left. How many new and old games repeats I should do every day to have a good chance to hit my target LG (-0) in a month? I'm currently missing 6-8 questions for each LG session.

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Change your mindset, change your world! Or whatever the saying is... there's still 11 weeks until the October test! That's a lot of time to improve LG, just keep practicing. For a lot of people, you get to a point where things just seem to click and your error rate will fall, you'll be more nimble in implementing your skills, and you'll feel generally more confident.

If this is the section giving you the most difficulty, concentrate your efforts here. Reassess after at least a month of hardcore studying.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Here's my LG strategy guide I made to help people in similar situations. Check it out and hit me up if you have any questions: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Also, you should likely be in your PT phase by now, so you can just integrate the above strategy as a warmup or separate drilling component.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    repetition is your friend. Keep doing games, figure out all the inferences as best as you can and try to solve for all possibilities (only during practice, during PT, hopefully you've honed your skilled well enough to figure out key inferences and cut down your time).

The weird thing for me is that after a while of just doing so many LG's, I see inferences easier now which really helps me with my game board and tackling the questions.
  • wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Thank you so much!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @Pacifico Thanks for the link back to your LG study method post. This time around I read the whole thing and I found it very inspiring. I agree that ten of each simply does not leave enough time to try out the entire spectrum of game types out there.
    *off to the $1 store for a few binders..*
    (oh, and a new XL ink cartridge)
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    edited July 2015 568 karma
    My tips:

1) Get the sequencing and grouping game fundamentals down pat. Most of these are cookie-cutter and you need to whiz through them in 4-6 min each to leave you with the 8-13 minutes you'll need for each of the harder a games.

2) Don't get stuck! If you come to a question you can't solve just use POE, guess, then move on. This is the golden rule of the LSAT.

3) If a rule is confusing, don't panic. Take a moment to absorb what you think it means then represent it visually the best you can.

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @gs556 said:
    1) Get the sequencing and grouping game fundamentals down pat. Most of these are cookie-cutter and you need to whiz through them in 4-6 min each to leave you with the 8-13 minutes you'll need for each of the harder a games.
    This is awesome advice
  • wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Thank you so much!