Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diagram in LR

When should I diagram while doing LR? I always read it, think about it, take an answer choice, and get it wrong. Didn't even realize that I need to diagram until I watch the explanation. Even when I diagram, it takes me about 1 minute to think and realize I do need to do it for this question, but it'll take me about 2-3 minutes (and I may get it wrong). I think I should know when to diagram so as to decide whether to do it or flag and skip...

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Definitely drill these question types until they become second nature. What I do for easily identifying a diagramming question is to highlight/look for the logical indicators every time.

• Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    86 karma

@blanklaw said:
    Definitely drill these question types until they become second nature. What I do for easily identifying a diagramming question is to highlight/look for the logical indicators every time.

So every time I see a logic indicator, I just go ahead and diagram?

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

In the beginning of your studies, I think so. But at some point, after all the repetition, it should become so instinctual that can easily do it in your head. Even if the mapping is more complicated, you should be able to do it in a matter of a few seconds or as you're reading the stimulus.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited October 2022 2245 karma

My general rule is I only diagram when I have to. If you intuitively understand the problem or you can just see how the lawgic works in your head, I’d advise against diagramming. If the stimulus is too convoluted to grasp or the answer choices are difficult, I’ll diagram.

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Agree with above, don’t be incessant about it. Do try to comprehend what you read foremost. But there can be tricky trap answer choices and so sometimes, at least writing something down or trying to map it out can get you to the correct one!