Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extremely slow progress in past 2.5 months.

SmokyMountainBear-1-1SmokyMountainBear-1-1 Alum Member
in General 68 karma

I took diagnostic test 2 months ago, 151
I took 1st prep test 2 weeks ago, 149
I took 2nd prep test 2 weeks ago, 152,
I took 3rd prep test today, 153

My goal is 165. I was always super excited to take prep tests, because I felt i learned a lot and would expect significant improvement. but the results were always disappointing.

Anyone has similar experiences? In 3 months, there is very little progress if any. Is this typical?

Comments

• Hi! I have had the same experience and I have been studying for 6 months off and on. I asked similar questions to some of my friends that are already in law school and they said sometimes you are either studying too much or too little and everyone is different. After I reevaluated my schedule, I have gone up 3 points in less than a month. It also depends on other things you have going on like school or work. I find that it is best to study in the morning for about 1-2 hours and then after I get out of work or school for another hour to let myself digest what I just learned.

• Brooklyn BagelBrooklyn Bagel Core Member
    edited November 2022 110 karma

How many test sections have you done in between these PTs? What has your primary mode of practice been during these months of study?

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    303 karma

i would suggest holding off on taking prep tests for a while and focus more on breaking down each section of the exam. my most significant increase has been after a two month break of no full prep tests

• SmokyMountainBear-1-1SmokyMountainBear-1-1 Alum Member
    68 karma

@Juan23vr said:
    i would suggest holding off on taking prep tests for a while and focus more on breaking down each section of the exam. my most significant increase has been after a two month break of no full prep tests

Thanks Juan! When you say "focus more on breaking down each section of the exam", do you refer to the Prep tests I have already taken?

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    303 karma

yeah review is always helpful but i think it may also be helpful to your score if you take time even a full day to review a particular part of the test for example if you struggle with grouping games you can dedicate a whole day or two only to grouping games. I think we convince ourselves that taking prep-tests and covering a variety of material is productive but can be too much at once which will only delay your progress.