PTC.S3.Q23 - A political constitution that provides the framework for the laws of a nation

mtakesLSATmtakesLSAT Live Member
edited January 2023 in Logical Reasoning 13 karma

For this question, I had gotten it correct in the timed test, but ended up changing my answer in BR.
I wanted to discuss my reasoning for the BR, so that maybe it would help solidify why I chose B to begin with.
My reasoning was as follows:
I had initially chose B, but changed it during BR because I felt like the passage didn't explicitly tell us that the political stability would decrease. It did mention that believing that the constitution was being interpreted consistently with the intentions of its authors was "so necessary for political stability", but my reasoning during BR was that since it didn't explicitly state that politically stability would INCREASE, so I went with D.

From my understanding (please correct me if wrong) B is correct because ultimately we could ASSUME from the info given that political instability would increase from the info given.

However, I would now be extremely interested in why D would be wrong lol!

Anyways, just wanted to open up a discussion about this question :)

Admin Note: Edited title. Please use the format: "PT#.S#.Q# - brief description of the question"

Comments

• BeatrizenrBeatrizenr Live Member
    4 karma

PTC S3 Q23:
    So, the reason D is incorrect is because it is out of the scope of the argument. There is no mention of a written constitution. Additionally, the argument states political stability is dependent upon the illusion that the constitution is being interpreted (by political leaders) in the same regard as the authors intentions rather than by the preferences of contemporary political leaders.

You're reasoning is correct in stating that B is the correct answer because this a MSS question.