Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not know when to take LSAT

Matthew524Matthew524 Member
Let me first start off by saying I am going to become a junior this fall semester at my university. I have never prepped for the LSAT prior to taking my diagnostic and I scored a 146. A month into studying I took another prep test and scored a 152. After blind reviewing and checking up on the trends of my exams, I realized I may need to take a look back at the fundamentals of logical reasoning section, which I have. I take a prep test tomorrow and I am hoping to get in the high 150's and my overall goal is to get in the 160's by the time of the October LSAT. If I don't reach my goal of averaging in the 160's by the end of august should I reschedule my LSAT or is there any other advice someone is willing to give. I get very nervous during my exams which I believe may have an impact on my grade. Please help me with some advice!

Comments

• Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    Forgot to mention I study 40-60 hours a week.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    edited July 2015 456 karma
    If you're really just about to start the first semester of your junior year, you shouldn't be putting a great deal of pressure on yourself to take this October. You could easily delay your LSAT an entire year. If I'm not mistaken you will be graduating spring 2017? There's no bonus to taking the LSAT early.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Totally agree with @GordonBombay. If your shooting for the 160s this October, just shoot for the 170s in June instead.
    651 karma
    So I shouldn't even consider taking it in October? My average prep test scores has not improved. So I think I will just wait till next September or if I feel confident in June. I am just frustrated at myself for how little improvement I am making.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"The Boss" said:
    I study 40-60 hours a week
    Too much! Burnout looms! Beware!
    @GordonBombay said:
    If you're really just about to start the first semester of your junior year, you shouldn't be putting a great deal of pressure on yourself to take this October.
    Agreed! Priority for you now is getting great grades and being a cool/kind person. Law school (and LSATs) can wait.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Don't take the LSAT until you are consistently hitting near the score you want. You don't need to rush to take the test.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @"The Boss" , personally I would say everything good is worth waiting. If you need a good score to go to a good school, then you should wait to shoot the score you expect. You know you are ready when you know it. Do not waste your chance since LSAT is lots of hard work.
    651 karma
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input.