Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official February 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited February 2023 in February 2023 LSAT 1389 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official February 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the February 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, February 14th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the February 2023!

Please keep all discussions of the February 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• T. JacksonT. Jackson Member
    17 karma

Here we gooo…let’s tackle the LSAT! I have prepared to the best of my ability. May this time be my last time!

• Best of luck to everyone! This will be my 3rd trip, the first two I struggled a lot with the Proxy service, I noticed that LSAC now has a form up that you can fill out if you have issues with the proxy and you feel that it was a detriment to your testing experience and they will give you some options such as they hold your score while they investigate and if they find that the proxy was an issue they let you take the test again or if they don't find an issue they release the score you had and so forth. I have heard that LSAC is really responsive to that form and have been considerate and willing to work with students. So if you get through the test and it was a nightmare with the proxy like I had, don't make yourself sick worrying like I did last time, there's hope, you aren't expected to just put up with it.
    That said, I've heard several people say the proxy service was a breeze for them so it's not a for sure thing that they are a issue just something to keep in mind and that doesn't have to be an added stress to you.

• apoptosisapoptosis Alum Member
    15 karma

I found the exam to be really difficult! I am finding it hard not to be disappointed in myself, especially after studying so hard for so long. I think I've spent too long working on individual questions and giving myself a ton of time to answer them when I should have been taking timed sections on a regular basis. How did you get good with timing? Logic games was especially hard for me on this test. Ugh, feeling defeated.

• JDream2023JDream2023 Alum Member
    984 karma

@apoptosis said:
    I found the exam to be really difficult! I am finding it hard not to be disappointed in myself, especially after studying so hard for so long. I think I've spent too long working on individual questions and giving myself a ton of time to answer them when I should have been taking timed sections on a regular basis. How did you get good with timing? Logic games was especially hard for me on this test. Ugh, feeling defeated.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope the results are opposite of what you’re actually feeling.

• paigebarsukovpaigebarsukov Member
    edited February 2023 99 karma

That was unnecessarily difficult for literally no reason.

edited February 2023 984 karma

@paigebarsukov said:
    [redacted]

The set up or the test as whole?

edited February 2023 99 karma

@JDream2023 said:

@paigebarsukov said:
    LR-RC-LG-RC.

The set up or the test as whole?

Test.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1389 karma

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, February 14th.

Comments that violate these rules will be taken down. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

• This one went smoother for me then the last two times I took it. Hoping the score reflects my feelings. Hope everyone has great scores!

• reyesusmc78-1reyesusmc78-1 Core Member
    72 karma

Was interrupted twice in two different sections. Threw me off. Filed an official complaint for retake during testing period.

• fbaffonefbaffone Live Member
    16 karma

Hey guys I had two RC sections, one had an article about the Big Bang did anyone get that as well?

984 karma

@fbaffone said:
    Hey guys I had two RC sections, one had an article about the Big Bang did anyone get that as well?

I had LG - LR - LR- RC

The RC had the Big Bang article so it was the real one.

Does anyone know which LR was real?

984 karma

One of the LR had long stimuluses on every other questions and then the second LR was decent. I really don’t remember the questions.

99 karma

@JDream2023 said:

@fbaffone said:

I had LG - LR - LR- RC

PODCAST THAT CONFIRMS REAL SECTIONS + CURVE:

edited February 2023 984 karma

Thank you!

984 karma

@paigebarsukov said:

@JDream2023 said:

@fbaffone said:

I had LG - LR - LR- RC

PODCAST THAT CONFIRMS REAL SECTIONS + CURVE:

Thank you!

• Enrique Chavira CantuEnrique Chavira Cantu Core Member
    6 karma

I also had 2 LR questions. Does anyone remember any of the questions? The order of my exam was LG, LR, RC, LR

I remember one section being significantly easier than the other.

984 karma

@"Enrique Chavira Cantu" said:
    I also had 2 LR questions. Does anyone remember any of the questions? The order of my exam was LG, LR, RC, LR

I remember one section being significantly easier than the other.

If you listen to the above podcast, it will answer all of your questions!

• Really thankful that they are bringing awareness to the issues with ProctorU because I struggled terribly and my scores were terrible because of my issues with ProctorU the first two times and there wasn't a way to report it at first, now it's at your own risk, and I really hope that they evaluate what they are paying for with ProctorU and the service they are actually receiving. On an already stressful day, this was extremely infuriating to deal with.

My sessions were LG-LR-RC-LR, and I found them to be fairly equal in difficulty. I honestly don't remember specific questions as much as I wish I did; it all seems to blend together some times. I did struggle with time and am concerned that I will receive a lower score as a result, but I feel like this was the first time I had a good experience with ProctorU.

I had the second set of LG games that they speak about in the PS podcast and ran out of time for the double circular game at the end. Worried about that one and struggled some with the Fiction/Non-Fiction questions. I wish that if they are planning to get rid of a section that they would place less numerical value on that section as they fade it out.

I had the second set of RC questions that they spoke about, I struggled with time towards the end and those passages were pretty difficult so I am worried about that section as well. I agree, it was an interesting set of passages but if you had time to read them and take them in, not amidst the timed LSAT. I'm thankful that I had two LR sections, both were equally hard and weren't too bad.

99 karma

@candacestubblefield said:
    Really thankful that they are bringing awareness to the issues with ProctorU because I struggled terribly and my scores were terrible because of my issues with ProctorU the first two times and there wasn't a way to report it at first, now it's at your own risk, and I really hope that they evaluate what they are paying for with ProctorU and the service they are actually receiving. On an already stressful day, this was extremely infuriating to deal with.

My sessions were LG-LR-RC-LR, and I found them to be fairly equal in difficulty. I honestly don't remember specific questions as much as I wish I did; it all seems to blend together some times. I did struggle with time and am concerned that I will receive a lower score as a result, but I feel like this was the first time I had a good experience with ProctorU.

I had the second set of LG games that they speak about in the PS podcast and ran out of time for the double circular game at the end. Worried about that one and struggled some with the Fiction/Non-Fiction questions. I wish that if they are planning to get rid of a section that they would place less numerical value on that section as they fade it out.

I had the second set of RC questions that they spoke about, I struggled with time towards the end and those passages were pretty difficult so I am worried about that section as well. I agree, it was an interesting set of passages but if you had time to read them and take them in, not amidst the timed LSAT. I'm thankful that I had two LR sections, both were equally hard and weren't too bad.

I had the exact same experience as you, except mine was LR-RC-LG-RC. I felt like the RC (real one, the one you got) was really easy until the Kafka passage. Then I was just completely lost. It truly felt as if they were talking in circles on that passage and even though I had a ton of time when I got to it, I'm fairly certain I didn't do well on it.

• claw2023-1claw2023-1 Member
    106 karma

anbody else had LR-RC-LG-RC?