Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tackling Access to Justice.... Giving Back to 7sage

edited February 2023 in General 776 karma

Hey 7sage community,

This post is going to be edited multiple times by myself over the next several days/weeks...

TLDR: Free Lsat RC tutoring and LSAT coaching. Ideal for students who are really early in their process of studying or what to revamp their approach/mentality. I am intentionally starting with RC because I want to challenge the myth (yes myth) that it is the toughest section to overcome. If that's what you think, then guess what, WTF are you going do in law school? Read below for more info!

Deadline for the Application: March 10th

Short Story / About Me:

First of all, if this is a violation of the 7sage discussion forum, admin please delete this. I have not been on this website in a long time and I understand 7sage now has a tutoring program.

A little bit about me - in my last semester of law school (Dalhousie University - Halifax - Canada) and my passion for the teaching the LSAT has not gotten away from me (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/22608/giving-back-to-the-7sage-community-free-tutoring). Secondly, I am teacher by profession. Honestly, nothing made me more happier in law school then having one of my students get accepted into York University's law program (weird but it was the honest truth). I cannot believe I am about type this - > I think law school only increased my passion for the LSAT!

Reflecting back on my law school life (loool....I should write about this in another blog), I think the best way I can give back to my law schools Weldon Tradition (google it) is to alleviate access to justice by getting more people from marginalized communities into law. I really believe this is the best way of dealing with "injustice" in the justice system.

The LSAT - I cannot stress this enough - is a great exam for developing your skills to be a great law student and lawyer. Only if I knew this, or thought of the exam differently before hand (I actually did - but I decided to have a kid LOL and that destroyed my law school timeline). TBH - I am going to restart studying for the LSAT post April and want to take my final LSAT probably next year...don't know why but I really want to ink down 170+ on my LSAT transcript. Its always been a weird passion of mine and I do not want to let this dream go (I know I am weird).

To get my free RC tutoring & LSAT coaching - DM me with the following (the more detail - the more it will help you!)
- How long you have been studying the LSAT?
- What is your LSAT mentality?
- Why do you want to be a lawyer?
- How do you want to give back to the 7sage community?
- Location & Time Zone
- What is your dream LSAT score?
- Other things about yourself....

My goal is to create a group of three students - to teach you how to read RC (perhaps 7 to 8 sessions it may take) and then create a new group of three students, and continue this process. Also during this journey I want to coach you on your general LSAT journey.

Stay tuned for my next LSAT post: The LSAT mentality!

P.S. I am not sure if other alum feel this way, but writing posts while being in law school about the LSAT is weirdly therapeutical LOL.