Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

drilling

AziragoramoAziragoramo Live Member

Hello everyone,

I planned to LR drill by grouping 5-6 question types. So I used 'particular tags' and assumed 7sage was only going to pull questions from PT1-45.

I just started doing this today, and to my horror, I realized that they were giving me questions from PT60-74 as well.

I know there is advanced builder function, but you can only select one question type, which isn't helpful to me at all.

So my question is is there a way to ensure that questions are limited to PT1-45 and if not, why isn't this option added asap?

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1427 karma

@Aziragoramo sorry, at this time, the Auto Builder does not have an option to choose which PrepTests you would like to pull questions from. However, I have taken note of your concerns, and I will look into the possibility of having an option to choose which PrepTests the questions are pulled from.

The questions from the Drilling Pool are mostly from PT1-45, but also pull from later PTs that are from the LR sections that are skipped if you "Simulate Modern".

So if you choose "Simulate Modern" while taking a PrepTest and take PTs 45 and higher, there will be absolutely no overlap between PT LR and Drilling pool LR. In other words, you're guaranteed to have a fresh PT with a reliable PT score.

Also, just letting you know that if you choose to use the Advanced Builder mode and would like to create a Drill based on multiple tags, you can select 1 tag at a time. For example, select the "weaken" tag, then add all the relevant questions to the cart. Next, clear the filter and select the next tag. After you select the second tag, add the relevant questions to the cart by either selecting each question individually or by selecting all of them. Repeat this process until you have questions related to the relevant tags you will like to create a Drill with.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• AziragoramoAziragoramo Live Member
    47 karma

Wouldn't people want to know about that possibility before creating the drill on their own? I now lost 10 the most recent PTs or LR sections that I don't even have option to utilize if I wanted to.

The possibility of having an option to choose which PrepTests the questions are pulled from seems like not a complicated fix, and rather the most critical option to have to not pull drill questions from at least 70 onward PTs. Or make sure people are warned about this beforehand.

I'm just frustrated because I feel like this could have been easily avoided, but now it's done.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1427 karma

@AziragoramoI I apologize for any frustration caused. There are currently no set plans to add the feature you are requesting however, we are always open to hearing your feedback and suggestions to enhance the course further.

We did post some announcements about these changes for your reference here: NEW INFO - Core Curriculum Update - Drilling Feature

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or queries.