Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paralegal rejection

evvomed4evvomed4 Core Member
in General 10 karma

Never really posted before so here goes nothing. I interviewed for a spot in a big firm's paralegal program the other day. Took 20 minutes, went so-so, but less than 4 hours later I got a rejection email. I'm not too broken up about the rejection but it seems ridiculously fast considering I only got off the phone with them and definitely wounded my pride a bit. Should I read into the speedy rejection too much, or am I just doing my typical type-a overthinking?

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I know rejection sucks but you will move on from this in the next coming days. I have interviewed before and some of them do not even communicate the outcome of the interview.

I would look at it this way, they didn’t want you as a paralegal, but you will walk in there one day as an attorney. Keep your head up.

• You Gotta Show MeYou Gotta Show Me Yearly Member
    93 karma

I really wouldn't worry about it. In some instances, law firms will look for someone who they can train and count on being with the firm for a long time. If you want some experience as a paralegal before going to law school, I would just be ambiguous about those plans in future paralegal interviews.