Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Prepare for ProctorU Interruptions

Angiex.34Angiex.34 Alum Member
in General 73 karma

I am retaking the LSAT this summer and I am afraid of ProctorU Interruptions.

I was interrupted multiple times during my first test and honestly thinking about it gives me anxiety. She kept on telling me to move, reposition myself, and readjust my computer during LG and RC. This messed up my concentration and wasted time. I even had to re-read some RC passages which wasted even more time.

Is there a way we can avoid Proctor Interruptions?

(I did not file a complaint with LSAC or ask for a retake which I regret)

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    1320 karma

Get a good webcam (for example Onn. Webcam with Ring Light-3 LED levels, Autofocus, Up to 1440p Resolution, $30)
    So the proctor can see at the same time you and your desk, and most of the room

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    374 karma

i thought that proctor u was no longer doing these tests?

• tinacioust-1tinacioust-1 Live Member
    edited April 2023 117 karma

I don't have any advice on how to avoid interruptions, but I find it does help to prepare for them knowing they may likely happen. I vary my study environments to account for random noise -- like a cafe, the living room of my apt, etc. It's disruptive at first, and tbh I only do it for drilling or exams, not for learning new content or bunkering down to fix a strategy that will require more focus. But a big mistake I made when first studying was to study 100% of the time with noise cancelling headphones. It's great for my focus! But not so great for emulating test-day conditions.

I hope it doesnt happen again for you (or me lol), but preparing ourselves for less then optimal noise conditions can be one way to help us out on test day.

good luck <3