Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will my background affect my admissions?

amorramorr Live Member

I've been going to school full time (summer semesters included) for the past 3 years and I'll be graduating from undergrad this fall, all while working full time as an office manager, and now a paralegal. My GPA is 3.9. I took the April LSAT and got a 148, 10 points lower than my PT average. I'm planning to take again in June and aiming for high 150s minimum. When I apply to law schools, will my background benefit me in regard to acceptance?

Comments

• alileresmalileresm Free Trial Member
    18 karma

If you mean your experience as a paralegal, it could. It depends on how you can work that experience into your personal statement as well as how much the schools care about your personal statement. However, I think LSAT and GPA will always be weighed the most.

• soapsoapsoapsoapsoapsoap Core Member
    54 karma

it might be beneficial for schools to know you know what you're getting yourself into (the legal field). Your cumulative gpa as calculated by LSAC and your highest LSAT will probably have more weight especially when it comes to scholarships.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I have worked for the AG’s office for four years as an Attorney Assistant, with a 3.4 GPA but a sucky LSAT score and got rejected. They don’t care. High LSAT score is a game changer. Annoying but true.