Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing reading comprehension passages in reverse order.

dantab26dantab26 Alum Member
in General 60 karma
Does anyone do this or thought of doing this? Could it be potentially helpful since the passages get increasingly difficult, starting with the harder ones would give you a fresher mind. Any thoughts?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Nope. Order has little to do with difficulty in RC. Recently saw quite a toughy in Passage 1. And skipping around is—dare I say it?—a crutch, and it's not a crutch that will help you with anything.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Don't do it, you're just inviting bubbling errors and other issues and as Nicole said the order has nothing to do with difficulty. Some passages are hard, but some are easy, some questions are hard, and some are easy. There is no way to gauge these differences without just doing them so you may as well got start to finish to avoid trouble. There are no tricks so just keep it simple.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    ...or you can just mark in C for all 24-27 questions. Hey! It can happen!
    7965 karma
    @ENTJ said:
    It can happen!
    Like Pac Daddy @Pacifico did on the dino game
    edited July 2015 8021 karma
    I specifically didn't mark C, I used the gambler's fallacy to guess my way to 60+% success!
    3658 karma
    Could you imagine if LSAC actually thought to do that? That would be a horrible situation.
    8021 karma
    The best troll would be for them to make E the answer to the whole test. Now that would kill the 170+ score band just out of sheer paranoia.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Now that would kill the 170+ score band just out of sheer paranoia.
    Wow. So many meltdowns ... I'm just picturing the chaos ... And then there would be a few insane chaps (7sagers, mainly) who are like ... So what?
    3658 karma
    I would totally pitch @Pacifico's plan if I were ever to work for LSAC. ^_^d
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I did an older RC passage with 4E out of 7 questions and I thought something must be wrong, but actually it is not. lol
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @dantab26 you may read the passage for 20 seconds first, if you think this subject might be tough for you, then you move on to the next passage. But I do not suggest you always skip around . To 170 scorers, no matter how hard it is, they will do it. I believe the best to improve your reading comprehension is to read more. Good luck!
  • dantab26dantab26 Alum Member
    60 karma
    Thanks for all the input!