Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quit

salliemae1980salliemae1980 Alum Member

I have quit again, the main point makes no sense, as do assumptions

Comments

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Awh hope you hang in there. This test is rough.

Personally, I try not to get technical on LR because I just end up getting confused. I just try to read and answer.

• miss_kaemiss_kae Live Member
    7 karma

I feel like I understood main point questions better before starting this course. I really hate to say that because it is an awesome platform. Now it's just like I am getting most questions wrong and all I hear in the back of my head is the instructor saying, "Who cares, whatever, move on." lol

• TwentyStarGeneralTwentyStarGeneral Core Member
    edited June 2023 109 karma

Oh, dear lender to whom I was once greatly in debt for my undergraduate education, go study the basics of logic and learn how to identify premises and conclusions. Once you do that, main point questions are just identifying and paraphrasing the conclusion of the argument. Beyond that, make sure you are choosing the FINAL conclusion and not a subconclusion. For assumption questions, learn, memorize, and master the standard flaws and learn the five ways to weaken or strengthen a causal argument. Doing those two things should give you a big improvement. Beyond that, practice trying to weaken (attack) every argument you see. That discipline will also yield a lot of improvement. Don't quit though. The test is learnable.

• dglanzman02dglanzman02 Live Member
    29 karma

Before you quit try a different path. Just studying myself I wasn't changing much, online classes with teachers like Henry Ewing and Josh Adly my LR skyrocketed in drills. Sometimes we just need a teacher.

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I wouldn’t quit just yet. Try a different method instead of quitting. It’s difficult before it becomes easy! Hang in there!!!!