Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score decreasing before August test

lsatlover-1lsatlover-1 Live Member
edited July 2023 in August 2023 LSAT 42 karma

Hello! I usually score in the 168-169 range, but I am not sure if it’s just that i find the PTs in the 80s more difficult, but I got a 166, 166, and then a 164 on a couple of the PTs in the 80s. I have also been trying to PT 2-3 times a week. Do you think it’s because of burnout/fatigue, or just the difficulty of the PT in the 80s? Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

2-3 PT a week seems a bit intense for me but then again I'm pleased with a 155.

It's difficult to say if you are burnt out or nervousness with August approaching. Maybe take a moment to be honest with yourself? I think a big component of the test is not succumbing to fearing it. I would guess that's what's happening. You had a small dip, then it started to emotionally consume you, now it's really psyched you out. So I would just try to not succumb to this fear. How exactly that happens? IDK.

Perhaps it might be the season the test was given was particularly curved more difficult, maybe everyone performed well that season.

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    310 karma

80s are tough, I wouldn't stress to much about it

• asra12345asra12345 Core Member
    11 karma

It could definitely be burn out! I took the January exam and completely burnt myself out doing what you were doing, by taking 2-3 practice tests a week. In hindsight it was the worst thing I could have done because it shot my confidence and I ended up performing way poorer on each PT than I was used to. I thought the best way to estimate my score was to increase the test frequency, but it just proved to me that burnout is indeed real and it can definitely have some detrimental effects your performance.