Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would the forum be better or worse if…

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited July 2023 in General 7293 karma

We're working on a new forum design, and I need your feedback.

Say that we removed posts about specific LSAT questions—e.g., "PTC.S3.Q23"— from the forum's main feed. We would direct the discussion of an LSAT question to that question's page.

Would the forum be better?

____
  1. If we removed LSAT-question posts from the forum's main feed, would the forum be better?102 votes
    1. Yes, it would be better.
      72.55%
    2. No, it would be worse,
      22.55%
    3. It would be the same.
        4.90%

Comments

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

The comment discussion is good but I think the forum option is still good if you need specific attention on a question. Sometimes comments go unanswered for years but on the forum, it gets lot of attention every day. If there isn't some way to make your own thread regarding a question, I would say the change would be for the worst.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

@rdyoung12 thanks for weighing in!

• NicoleTheOwlNicoleTheOwl Live Member
    23 karma

This may be late, to the previous commentors point, but I find leaving comments directly on questions to be a bit initimidating. I recognize this is purely psychological but the discussion forum feels less public than the comment section of questions or the curriculum. The other factor to consider is that you'd need to make every response on the question page searchable. Sometimes I land in a discussion thread about a particular question because
    I've searched the Forum for a concept that I am not grasping and someone's response has mentioned it in the explanation. It serves as a way to rethink my approach or recognize a pattern I might have missed. I suspect moving these discussions from the main forum to their own page might affect the way users access information not outlined in existing user journey maps. I also recognize that I could very well be in the minority for this use case. Nontheless, I hope it helps.

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    655 karma

Please make 'delete comment' a thing if it's not already.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

Thanks @NicoleTheOwl and @"Call me Rae" .

What makes the discussion forum feel more private to you @NicoleTheOwl ?

@"Call me Rae" good idea! Would you feel more comfortable making comments if you knew you could easily delete them?

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

Agreeing with what someone above mentioned. Questions on question pages can go unanswered for years. The ideal middle ground, at least for me, would be a “PT Questions” category in the forum or alternatively the ability to have tags on posts in the general category with which people can op in / opt out to seeing particular tags.