Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Sample August Test

Hi guys! I have done a lot of research but I wanted to make sure what I am doing regarding the writing sample is okay!
I am signed up for the LSAT next week (pray for me). I know the writing sample opened already, but I want to focus on studying for the test and wait to worry about the writing section until after. I know not completing the writing sample ASAP may release your score later (but in my particular situation I am not in any rush to get my score back). SO, is it okay to start studying for the writing sample, and then take the writing sample a week or two after my actual test? I am just a bit confused if there is an actual deadline for completing the sample. Does anyone know any information about this? Thanks so much!

Comments

• micaela13micaela13 Core Member
    24 karma

If you don't need your score back ASAP, there's no need to rush, you should be fine doing it a week or two after the exam. Just make sure to get a sample in at least 3 weeks before you need your score released.

• ev2k1ev2k1 Core Member
    109 karma

Question - how do you know when the Writing portion is complete? Do they send you an email that it's been processed, or do you just check LSAC periodically?

• jocelynandrade5jocelynandrade5 Alum Member
    97 karma

@ev2k1 You get an email that it was processed from LSAC

• ev2k1ev2k1 Core Member
    109 karma

Yep! Got my results back today!