Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there enough time?

msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
Hi All!

I've been PTing twice a week now and have been scoring anywhere from 161-166 with a high BR score of only 169. I used to be able to BR well into 175 earlier on in the PT process. I guess I'm just wondering whether there's enough time to push my score into the mid to high 160s by the October test?

I manage to get max 4 wrong in LG and I know that I can keep drilling those to get my accuracy up but what about for LR and RC? Do you recommend going through the 7Sage curriculum again? I have the Trainer and Manhattan LR, which have been somewhat useful but I fear that I'm not utilizing them to the fullest extent. I'm not willing to push to December unless it's really necessary as that would be my last time to take it but I want to break the mid-160s wall as well.

What do you think? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Do you BR with the test you took or a clean copy? This makes a huge difference in your BR. I used to BR the copy I took the test with and rarely changed answers so my BR was always 2-4 higher than my timed score. I started to BR with a clean copy a few weeks ago and since I made the switch all my BR scores have been in the 170s, with confidence errors being the only thing really keeping me from maxing out my BR, so I'm working on that as well. If you haven't done it like this I would recommend it so you can see what your actual potential is and then delve into the analytics to figure out where your problem areas are. I wouldn't worry about RC too much because any decent work you put into studying argument/reasoning structure for LR will pay dividends in RC. You're in a decent place now, just take the time to figure out what your real shortcomings are and adjust fire from there.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Do you BR with the test you took or a clean copy? This makes a huge difference in your BR.
    8021 karma
    What am I looking at right now?
  • msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
    183 karma
    @Pacifico WOW. I've never thought of that before! That's a great idea. I rarely change my answers on BR because I can see my reasoning in the answers I crossed out. I will definitely try this and then assess from there. Thanks for your help! :)
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    f you haven't done it like this I would recommend it so you can see what your actual potential is and then delve into the analytics to figure out where your problem areas are.
    I had never thought of this before either. Gonna try it out on my next PT, thanks!
    8021 karma
    Credit goes to Nicole for this idea because I was doing it the other way and my BR was suffering for it... you'll be amazed how much more efficiently you can find the right answer if you aren't fighting to keep the wrong one because your ego talked you into it...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Credit goes to @Pacifico for being a total boss, actually!