In-Person Testing Center - What to bring

Hi all - Maybe a stupid question here, but for those of us taking the LSAT this weekend at an in-person testing center, we are not required to bring anything beyond our govt ID, login/testing credentials, correct? I assume computers will be provided, along with scratch paper for the applicable sections. Are these correct assumptions? Apologies if these answers are elsewhere, but with this being the first test date under the ProMetric "regime", I figured it would be best to seek clarfication. Best of luck to everyone!

Comments

• Tzvi___HTzvi___H Alum Member
    205 karma

from the faq on the lsac website

What kind of equipment do I need in order to take the LSAT at a test center?
    All equipment and materials, including scratch paper and pencils, will be provided by Prometric to all test takers who choose to test at a testing center.

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/frequently-asked-questions-about-lsat

Good luck!

• cindingalingcindingaling Alum Member
    edited August 2023 9 karma

Hi, I just signed up to take the September LSAT in the test center and found that it is the same room where I took my CFA exam. So, from that experience, scratch paper and pencils are provided, and it is a room equipped with computers (exactly as indicated by the LSAC FAQ).

And I just found this "Candidates who test in a center will be provided three (3) blank, unlined scratch paper booklets. Each booklet contains two pages. You will also be provided two (2) pencils.

Candidates who test in a center are not permitted to bring their own scratch paper or writing instruments."under the Question"If I’m testing at a center, what kind of scratch paper am I provided?"

So, we are actually not allowed to bring our own.

• MMMarieMMMMarieM Alum Member
    15 karma

Should we bring or testing info written on a sheet?

• ev2k1ev2k1 Core Member
    106 karma

@MMMarieM I found this on LSAC's website. "Test takers are permitted to have their Prometric confirmation number and LawHub credentials written down for reference during the test start-up process. Any notes will be subject to inspection by the remote proctor or test center administrator."