Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August Test Takers

bailey.emmett10bailey.emmett10 Alum Member
in General 12 karma

I have been hearing horror stories about the remote testing option. I plan on doing the remote test in September. Did you anyone experience difficulties or is the bad experiences getting blown out of proportion?

Comments

• 26 karma

I had significant difficulties to the point where I was unable to take my test. I waited for hours for a proctor only to have them not launch my test when they said they would. I then waited several more hours to get reconnected and receive help. Hopefully the retest dates are smooth and they get this issue sorted - I am planning on going to a testing center.

• hank2023hank2023 Alum Member
    62 karma

I had an issue that some others had where a notification kept flashing in the top right corner during the test. It was really distracting, so I asked my proctor and they told me to close out of the program, fix it, and log back in. I did and had to wait over an hour to get back in while four different proctors connected and disconnected from me without explanation. I eventually got back into the test and finished without any other troubles, but it wasn't exactly a smooth experience. I'd assume LSAC and Prometric will devote more resources to remote test takers to avoid a similar embarrassment in September, but if you would prefer more certainty, you could try to go in person.

• corawilliams1101corawilliams1101 Alum Member
    17 karma

I also had major issues that prevented me from finishing my test (trouble getting connected in the first place, getting disconnected from the proctor and not being able to get a new one after over an hour, and also had that notification thing popping up throughout the entire portion that I was able to access. I'm taking the re-test and the September LSAT in person and I suggest you do too. You can call them to change it.

• amdhill08amdhill08 Alum Member
    120 karma

What you read about is true. Most of us had major issues. We are all hopeful the issues are resolved and many of us will still test remotely in the future.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    304 karma

take it at the testing center, took it twice remotely and it was BS both times

• Clemens_Clemens_ Live Member
    edited August 2023 299 karma

What people are saying about Prometric is true.