Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake 171 LSAT

letsgeta175_0512letsgeta175_0512 Alum Member
edited August 2023 in Law School Admissions 14 karma

I went from 168 in June to 171 this Aug exam. uGPA is 3.96, T3 soft (1-2yrs of WE in tech company), nURM (East Asian non-US citizen), with two degrees. I'm signed up for September exam which is right around the corner but I think even if I retook, the max I could score is 173. I've also exhausted every single practice exam so not sure what to use anymore for resource...

Dream school is Berkeley (median for 2023 cycle was 170; 3.83) - planning on applying ED but not sure if 171 is enough as the median was 171 in 2022 cycle but dropped to 170

Should I retake 171?
  1. Should I retake 171?47 votes
    1. Yes
      12.77%
    2. No
      87.23%

Comments

• ThereHUGO 170ThereHUGO 170 Live Member
    30 karma

Man people would love to have that score, unless you're shooting for perfection do it. That's an amazing score, Congrats by the way!

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

IDK much about admissions but does UC Berkeley average scores or take highest? Maybe you could get in with a 171. Would you get burnt out if you took it again? Would you want to take it again regardless if that meant more scholarship funds?

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

You're above both their medians and are applying ED.. i'd say its a waste of time/money to retake unless you can get 174+ for the full ride... and even without this score you can probably still get good scholarships based on your undergrad history.

• markmywordsmarkmywords Core Member
    243 karma

If you're like me and will always carry the "what if I would have" thought, then just retake it. But I agree with @AlexgLSAT's comment above that you're probably good to go.

• markymymarkymarkmarkymymarkymark Alum Member
    50 karma

i would do it - it doesn't hurt to take it again!

It can only help increases your chances and you still have attempts left on the table. I say do it!