Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is RC worth BRing?

Hey, just wondering if it makes sense to BR RC? LR and LG makes sense but for some reason I am having a hard time justifying BRing RC sections.

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Yes. You BR RC for the same reason as your BR anything else. I know it feels more tedious since sometimes you have to go back and reread the passage, but it can help you catch reasoning errors that you didn't see the first time you read the questions.

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Live Member
    edited September 2023 90 karma

I agree with AlexgLSAT. I was getting 5-7 wrong per RC section. But after I started BR every passage (which takes, like, 30 minutes!) it went down to 2-3. JY is phenomenal.

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    220 karma

Absolutely BR RC! It sucks to do tbh but I always score higher in BR because I catch where I read something incorrectly in an answer choice, maybe didn't understand the passage well, etc.

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    215 karma

100%!!! No BR No PR (personal record)

• costaplohovcostaplohov Free Trial Member
    4 karma

BR for RC can be valuable, as it allows for a more in-depth understanding of the passage and question nuances. While it may not seem as intuitive as with LR orLG, BR can help pinpoint areas of improvement and boost confidence in RC. Give it a try on some practice tests to see if it enhances your RC performance.

• mochalattemochalatte Alum Member
    27 karma

Personally, I stopped BRing for RC bc it started to hinder my reading and ability to quickly make inferences. When I'd BR, I'd get most of RC right, but it was only bc I was reading slowly and had time to find the answers in the passage. This ended up training my brain to want to do this during timed and my mind would go blank trying to make inferences.
    Also, BRing would take me forever and I wouldn't want to watch the explanation videos after since they're usually like 20-40 mins. I kinda feel like the explanation videos have been more helpful in finding my mistakes.
    I also just wanna say tho that before I see the right answers in RC, any questions I missed, I hide the correct answer and try to answer again. Idk if it's really doing anything, but it makes me interact with my wrong answer and the other choices before I go to the explanation video.