Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official September 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited September 2023 in September 2023 LSAT 1433 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official September 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the September 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, September 12th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the September 2023 LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the September 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• cutiebunsencutiebunsen Alum Member
    22 karma

So I was told the Prometric issue occurred at all testing sites..?

• usctrojanusctrojan Core Member
    13 karma

pro proctor absolutely ruined my day, did anyone else get removed from exam for an extended period of time, and have to wait a significant delay before getting back into the exam? I at least was able to pick up where I left off....so sorry for everyone else that had to go through this

• ToddHonasToddHonas Core Member
    edited September 2023 43 karma

We had a system outage like many at our Prometric location - waited about an hour for it to turn back on. Some of us were able to continue test and some were not. What a nightmare. I know the fatigue hurt me on the last section (hopefully experimental). It made what should've been a 3 hour test turn into 5.

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    562 karma

does anyone know what kind of computers we'll be using for in-person? I, er, veer a bit more on the side of techno-challenged.

• kescoe26kescoe26 Live Member
    edited September 2023 62 karma

Pro-metric was not it today🙄 the delays really was frustrating

• alexiaantonellab26alexiaantonellab26 Live Member
    9 karma

Omgggggggg mine is tomorrow!!! It was that bad??? Like the technological issues? I get extra time for my entire exam.. 53 minutes per section. I hope that doesn’t screw anything up! Is anyone in San Diego? Lastly, I HAVE to have a water bottle with me like I can’t be without water. Did anyone bring a bottle? And if so, what was acceptable??

• cmh0178cmh0178 Core Member
    edited September 2023 3 karma

-

• Nubblet654Nubblet654 Alum Member
    45 karma

@1stWorldProblems My computer at my Prometric center just had a Windows operating system, and my test screen was already on the LSAC login. All I had to do was type in my username and password. Hopefully that assuages some of your concerns!

• Nubblet654Nubblet654 Alum Member
    45 karma

@alexiaantonellab26 My center allowed water, but I left mine in my locker until the 10 minute break. Just remember that it has to be in a clear container without a label. Mine was just a plastic disposable bottle, which fit fine in the locker. I brought foam ear plugs (which were inspected), a banana (left it in my locker until the break), and a cardigan in case it was cold (didn’t even use it-left it in my locker). Finally, I brought pens (stored them in my locker), but they had me use pencils instead. The erasers were junk, but everything else was great. I’d definitely recommend my testing center.

• kavanaghpatrick8kavanaghpatrick8 Alum Member
    edited September 2023 32 karma

Have been PT’ing consistently in the upper 160s since late July/early August. Took the August test and got absolutely crushed by LG and finished about 8/9 points off my recent PT average. Took Sept’s test today, the exact same thing happened. LR/RC combo before the break, feeling good, a terrible LG in the second half where I didn’t come close to solving any of the four games. Felt like I took the exact same test that I did in August again today, and in general its felt like a different test entirely than the recent PTs I’ve been taking. Just feeling so demoralized at this point, been going at it since January. Already registered for October which I’ve considering as my last attempt this cycle, but who knows. Honestly just need to vent to others who understand.

• fancysummerfancysummer Core Member
    147 karma

Just to be clear, so we don't have the paper tests at the in-person testing site? It's an online test whether you test at home or at a center?

• kingston-1kingston-1 Alum Member
    53 karma

GAMES WAS SO TOUGH, PLUS RC.

• ggk8ggk8 Core Member
    16 karma

I feel so defeated. I started with a 159 diagnostic in March, then took it in June. I recognize that was definitely too early, and I got a 161. However I continued prepping and took it again this weekend. For the few weeks before, I had been scoring in the 168-169 range (goal score 172), but then the week of the test I hit 172 and 174. I also had broken 170 multiple times on practice tests but just not during the month of august. Then I felt like this weekend RC and LG, which I normally nail, absolutely crushed me. It feels like every question on the actual exam was 10x harder than any of the practice ones I’ve encountered. I feel so frustrated that I studied so hard and had been doing so well only to perform like that on test day. Am I the only one?

• ggk8ggk8 Core Member
    16 karma

Also at the end of my last section I had the pro metric proctor start sending me messages in the chat that she needed to check my glasses before she let me back in the exam? I had four questions left, so I quickly typed that I had already been let back in the exam, was almost done, and never have worn glasses in my life. This was a different proctor than the one who had been messaging me throughout the rest of the exam. I lost a good minute in reading and responding to that. Is there anything I should do?

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    562 karma

@ggk8, I took it in person, but regarding being defeated, the only reason I'm not feeling defeated is because I preemptively set the bar super low, as to not psyche myself out for the first LSAT this weekend, and however I did, is so far from my level best. My test was pretty, um, epic in ways that might be similar to yours, got 2 RC sections that both felt about 2-3 times harder than any RC sec on anything I've ever countered in PT, it was absolutely relentless.

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

One lr was super yikes found myself with quite a few flags.

The other was normal in comparison to pt's 85+.

Games, was hard at first glance then super easy

Rc, Got lucky struggled with the first passage due to nerves (and this being my first section) but after that it was smoothe sailing.

worst case scenario, just re-write in january after doing some prep during christmas break to re-fresh

• hopefullyalawyersoonhopefullyalawyersoon Core Member
    edited September 2023 56 karma

Would like to add that I was interrupted repeatedly to stop touching my nose, mouth, and face by my proctor(s). I was biting my nails... I don't think touching my face would help me get a 180 and if it did we'd all be there by now. You have to laugh at the il(logical) reasoning used to devise that rule. But it was so disruptive for me and I rolled my eyes on purpose so the proctor would see through my camera. November here I come...

• lizzzletlizzzlet Live Member
    20 karma

For those who took the test online- was anyone repeatedly interrupted by their proctor in the middle of their test? I think they assigned me a new proctor a little after I started the first section and for the rest of the test I was interrupted by the chat with my proctor asking me where I put my phone, to show my hands, show my pockets, at one point just asking "are you doing okay?" etc. I got back from my break early and even asked my proctor if there was anything I should do to check in with them before I started again and they said no but after I started the third section they continued to interrupt me, asking security check questions again (like asking if I was sure my phone wasn't on me). It was so frustrating and distracting!

• JMlaw2024JMlaw2024 Live Member
    12 karma

I would say that my Lsat experience was very much like others, I got signed out my test around 2 times and was delayed for about 30 minutes. But ultimately I got to finish the exam. I would say my LR sections were very tough harder then the PTs I ever faced. AT First my LG was hard but when I calmed down I would say it was by far the easiest section.

• sarahislamsarahislam Alum Member
    111 karma

My city ran out of on-site testing spots so I had to sign up for one in a small town two hours away. It turned out to be the best thing ever. I tried taking the online LSAT in April and had to cancel my test halfway through because three proctors logged into my test and kept trying to talk to me while the clock was running--I lost ten minutes and all the proctor had to say for it was, "well ma'am you can choose to cancel your test or take the exam with the reduced time".

This exam I did not take any chances and took it in person. It was comparatively speaking a dream. The staff were friendly and let me leave all of my stuff in the waiting room. The testing room itself was basically cubicles with a computer in each one of them. Each computer has a keyboard and ample deskspace for writing on scratch paper. The monitor is also much bigger than my laptop's. They also had noise cancelling headphones which are so much better than those earplugs you have to stuff into your ears. I was able to take a bathroom break (my online proctor in April told me I was not allowed?) and they also gave me new sharpened pencils when I needed them. They also give you more scratch paper (three booklets which contain 4 sides of blank paper each) than what you're allowed to use at home. Compared to my at home online testing experience in April, my in person test was so much better! I don't know if that's also because it was in a small town where people are friendlier but either way I have no plans of ever taking LSAT online from home ever again.

• Claire CClaire C Alum Member
    3 karma

I am so unbelievably relieved to know that I wasn't the only one with technological issues and that my computer didn't cause it (tested remotely from home). I was 2/3 through first section, RC, when my laptop screen went blank and my ProProctor app closed. It was SO stressful my heart started racing and I started crying, convinced I wouldn't be let back in and that my score would be cancelled. STILL don't know if that will happen but it seems like not (???). It took quite a while to redo the security check with the greeter then the proctor. Finally got back into the test with my place saved and correct remaining time. But it threw me off for the rest of the test and I don't think I fully recovered. ANYWAY, thank you 7Sage for having this forum where we can hear from others -- it makes you feel less alone!! Already signed up for November since it's the last opportunity this year. Planning to take it in a testing center next time because the remote experience just wasn't for me. I'm getting upset just thinking about it and reliving it.

• jiwoonyoon.sgjiwoonyoon.sg Core Member
    92 karma

Thanks to everyone who's shared their technical issues. Haven't taken a real test yet but judging from these comments I'm just going to assume the very worst, just in case