Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice?

ThomasB092ThomasB092 Member
in General 7 karma
Hello fellow 7sagers!

I have started preparing for the October LSAT since the end of April. I have bought into numerous kinds of books such as Kaplan, Princeton Review and Barron's. I worked on studying the strategies and the fundamentals until about June and then I did a timed PT. I scored 150 on it. I thought this wasn't too bad considering my first try. However, I figured out soon that I wasn't making the most efficient practice of the questions because I did another 2 timed PT's and my score worsened each time by about 1 point.

I enrolled in the premium package about a month ago (roughly- give or take a few days). I have been plowing through the lessons since then and I am about 90% through the 128h material. I have been following every instruction JY and his team has been putting out in the lessons. I practice about 6-7 hours a day 6 days a week. I can say that I am definitely seeing improvements because, unlike before with the other prep material, now I actually have learned the fundamental lessons and I know exactly why an answer is right and why the others are wrong. Now it is really just down to practice practice practice. With just under 2 months left, I am about to start again into timed PTs this week. I am hoping with all the knowledge I have gained through 7sage, my score will improve. I do feel however that I have wasted some of my time by practicing with the other prep material that hasn't been so useful. I am hoping that I will be prepared enough to write a score in the low to mid 160s in October. Of course, there is still December if need be to re-write. I am located in Canada, roughly near the Michigan-Canada border. My goal is to attend a U.S. law school. As far as academic credentials go, I hold B.A. in Criminology and an M.A. in Criminology (with thesis research) from the same institution, as well as two forthcoming publications in academic journals. Both degrees with 3.90+ GPAs.

I would just like to see where others are and what their situation in. This is mine at the moment and if anyone has advice out there or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @ThomasB092 said:
    I do feel however that I have wasted some of my time by practicing with the other prep material that hasn't been so useful.
    I'm sorry :/ I know that's an awful feeling. I feel you. BUT. The point is that now you can be confident that you have the right materials!!!
    @ThomasB092 said:
    I am hoping that I will be prepared enough to write a score in the low to mid 160s in October.
    You should be able to do this on the basis of some (admittedly quite rushed) hard work in the curriculum (which it sounds like you've done) and some PT's.
  • mikeysaikaleymikeysaikaley Alum Member
    116 karma
    @ThomasB092 Just a word of advice. If you want to return andpractice in Canada, it's best you go to a Canadian law school.
  • ThomasB092ThomasB092 Member
    7 karma
    @mikeysaikaley Yep, I am mindful of that factor. If I go to a U.S. law school I would of course remain and practice in the U.S.