Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: What am I doing wrong?

Diana - Student ServiceDiana - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited September 2023 in Sage Advice 167 karma

I'm doing V1 curriculum. I have 70 hours left of lessons (in logic games and RC). I started with 147. I just found I got 149 after doing most of the curriculum. WTF. I didn't do blind review (I will go back and do) because I wanted to see if I should write in November. What am I doing wrong. Please help I"m bummed. I've been working on this since June. Thanks.

Sharing this on behalf of a fellow 7Sage User. We would greatly appreciate any assistance or answers. Thank you very much!

Comments

• bankyalade1bankyalade1 Core Member
    28 karma

A lot of it comes with practice. I had a similar experience. Doing the course material helps, but once you do it. It is important to continue to practice. Nothing beats doing questions consistently. The more you do questions the more you are able to apply the principles you learned and understand why they are important. I believe in you, it is a mental grind but overtime I'm sure you will see progress.

• nnekaryanne5nnekaryanne5 Alum Member
    19 karma

I had a similar experience too, the past few weeks I've been drilling instead of focusing on material.I took a practice test last week as have seen a lot of improvement since I started drilling vs spending all my time on lessons. (Although I did finish the LG material but didn't finish LR or RC), but I think drilling from now until November will be helpful. You'll feel more prepared soon, good luck!

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    795 karma

Take a year to become an expert LSAT tester and thank me later. The CC only provides you with the foundations to tackle the exam but the bulk of the learning comes from doing blind review. I started with a 145 and eventually scored a 171 but it took me a good amount of time to realize that the gains come from doing proper blind review.

Law school isn't going anywhere. Take your time to build your skills and just apply early next year.