Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

score for 2 LR

Heyhey1234Heyhey1234 Core Member
edited October 2023 in Logical Reasoning 98 karma

Hi!!

Whenever I do Modern test with 1LR, 1LG, and 1RC I get about -5 ~ -6 on LR. However, when I do two LR it is -5/-6 on one LR but about -10/11 in the second one. I see the pattern but I am not sure what the issue could be?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited October 2023 2239 karma

If it's a consistent trend it's likely fatigue or not being used to having to transition back to easier questions at the beginning of a new LR section. If you notice that your scores drop on 4th sections of tests, regardless of section type, it's probably fatigue. The solution, typically, is to just keep taking 4 section tests until the last section doesn't wear you out.

If you're only noticing the trend when you have two LR sections, though, I think it's likely you struggling to transition into a new section. I found that when I first began taking PTs, I struggled with doing two LR sections because I behave a bit differently on the back end of sections (questions 16-25/26) than on the front end (questions 1-15). Typically I go much quicker on the front end and don't pay as strict attention to the nuances of stimulus wordings. On the back end I go slower and re-read questions more often. When I went through the first LR section, I'd get into the "second half" mindset, then struggle to get out of that mindset at the beginning of the next LR section. Though I can't swear by its usefulness, as I don't know if it would help others, I found repeatedly taking back-to-back LR sections helped me overcome this. It forced me to get used to switching mindsets quickly.

• Heyhey1234Heyhey1234 Core Member
    98 karma

So I do feel like its the 4 section tests that I am just not used to. I think I need to practice my mindset when taking the 4 sections..

• Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Core Member
    181 karma

@"Matt Sorr" hit it on the head and I think it could be a combination of both fatigue and the mindset switch. I've got the exact same issue with regards to the LR score difference so just drill and practice and I'm sure those scores will improve.

• Heyhey1234Heyhey1234 Core Member
    98 karma

You guys are so awesome..so much mental support :blush: