Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your struggle question type(s).

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
What was/is the question type(s) that you struggle with? How did you get over your struggle? What word of advice can you give to someone struggling with the question type?

Not sure if such a post was already attempted before, but I think this would be a good thread to start to get different question types perspectives, and ways to get over the difficulty of a question type.

So, let me begin. The most difficult question type for me are assumption questions. I did not really get over my struggle yet with NA but with SA I got over my struggle by first mapping out the conditionals, and with that practice I just began to see what needed to be linked up for a valid argument. My advice would be practice with a purpose, and understand what you are doing wrong, and why you are not getting to the right answer. Look for what terms need to be connected to make the valid argument, and understand which is the premise and the conclusion.

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Flaw questions, I did the lesson and practice sets on 7Sage, read the chapters in the LSAT Trainer, started to drill the Flaw questions in the Cambridge packet and as of today I've yet to miss 1 questions that's a flaw type. I'm usually able to spot the correct answer choice right away or POE and end up with 1 AC that always ends up being correct.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    @ said:
    Flaw questions, I did the lesson and practice sets on 7Sage, read the chapters in the LSAT Trainer, started to drill the Flaw questions in the Cambridge packet and as of today I've yet to miss 1 questions that's a flaw type. I'm usually able to spot the correct answer choice right away or POE and end up with 1 AC that always ends up being correct.

Glad to hear, what advice do you have for other sagers struggling with flaw questions?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Get the Trainer!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Oh absolutely the Trainer for Flaw questions. It helped me SO MUCH.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    edited August 2015 1644 karma
    I initially (Pre Trainer) struggled somewhat with Flaw questions. I made the wrong move of proceeding forward without grasping the core fundamentals while holding on to the notion of "I'll eventually get it, but I need to keep pressing on." I realized the error when I noticed that almost all of the argument type questions played off of a flaw or flaws that were present, and our job is to address that flaw in the specific way we are being asked to. So, I dropped what I was doing immediately and pretty much started over with Flaws and moved forward again, but with the new habit of trying like hell to not move to the AC's without a clear understanding of the flaw. The difference was amazing on the second time through.

Edited: brain fart with spelling
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    The trainer's intro to flaws and the accompanying drills are really good and help build and intuitive understanding of what exactly you're looking for on flaw questions. You just need to get to the point where you're predicting the flaws as the questions come at you, and that will come with quality practice. When you're drilling, don't move on to the answers until you meet this necessary step. The sculpting of this thought process will really oh dividends for you with the rest of your prep.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    Why specifically the trainer for flaws? Just asking in case someone is wondering. Flaw questions give me no trouble, they just intuitively come.