Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick and the LSAT is in 3 days

So I have a pretty nasty sinus infection/cold. I'm kind of freaking out about how this is going to affect me on test day on Friday since I can't really focus through fatigue and my symptoms. I took the LSAT in September and REALLY didn't get the target score I wanted. I'm planning on submitting my applications in December but if I do as bad on this one too then my plans are kind of messy because I would consider taking the January one but applying in January seems like a bad idea from all that I've seen, so November kind of feels like my last shot. Any thoughts? Please?

Comments

• akbariashakbariash Alum Member
    11 karma

I would write it regardless, try not to get into your head about how it will affect your score. Get plenty of rest, do very light drills to keep your mind sharp, and get plenty of hydration. Neil Med Sinus Rinses will be your best friend, along with Nasal Steroid Sprays. Twice a day for both, the latter you can get through a family physician, but there are other weaker OTC ones as well. Rinse twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. These two will help clear your system. Write it, if the score isn't up to par (worse case scenario) cancel and rewrite on January. Not a huge deal either way.

• andrea0308andrea0308 Live Member
    132 karma

My advice: take a PT under testing conditions and see how well you perform. If your score does not drastically fluctuate, then take it and if not, reschedule.

• jrosenberg_usajrosenberg_usa Core Member
    3 karma

It's worth it to delay your application if you can get a better score at a reasonable later time.